Questions for you Fummins guys!

drmisherre

I have a few questions that hopefully someone can chim in...
-My truck is an 04 f250 lariat with 94 12v and kept my torqshift trans

Question #1: With the PCS controller, what wires do I have to tap into for my back up lights?

Question #2: What do I have to do to get my back up sensors to work again?

Question #3: Can I get my mpg gauge to work with the 12v? Didn't the dodges come with a gauge as well? How were they wired up?

Question #4: How did you all wire up your grid heaters?

Last edited:
Your PCS came with wiring instructions, you should have purchaced a Ford Service Manual right ? MPG will not work any longer because you removed the motor from the truck and rendered the PCM useless for its data for it.

All the PCS came with wire wiring diagrams, no instructions. The wiring diagrams are basically useless as well because it doesn't tell you what wires to splice together.

What motor was origionally in the '04 If a Diesel I think you are going to have to tap into the Origional 24 pin range selector pins 15 and 17. BTW how are you starting the engine, the starter circuit uses the factory PCM to kick the relay so the reverse lights should also work.

Originally the 6.0. I'm running the starter through the original relays and what not. There is a chance the reverse lights aren't working not related to the swap, I was having issues with them since I bought the truck.

I would start at the relay..

2004revlts1.jpg

I made a bigger one and zipped it.

Attachments

• 2004 rev lts1.zip
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
I'll mess with it later in the week hopefully, I'll keep u informed.

Thanks!

How about the other guestions?

I have a few questions that hopefully someone can chim in...
-My truck is an 04 f250 lariat with 94 12v and kept my torqshift trans

Question #1: With the PCS controller, what wires do I have to tap into for my back up lights? Check wiring as noted

Question #2: What do I have to do to get my back up sensors to work again?Probably related to no B/U Lights

Question #3: Can I get my mpg gauge to work with the 12v? Didn't the dodges come with a gauge as well? How were they wired up? Uses factory motor inputs like PW and Mfdes so it will always read 99.99 MPG

Question #4: How did you all wire up your grid heaters? 1 Solenoid per heater as they draw 300amps each, usually with a push button to trigger them

Any luck ?

Last edited:
I got the grid heater hooked up but haven't had a chance to look at the other stuff...Can you answer some 12v questions for me you think mo smoke?

Back