Questions on operation of TCC and OD toggles - 47RE

Rogan

US Army Tanker Vet
So as some of you may know, I've been fighting multiple 47RE issues. I had added a TCC lockup as well as an OD switch last year to 'band-aid' the shifting issues I was experiencing. In some testing, I had reconnected all wiring back to original.

Last week, I relocated the toggle switches, and rewired them into the system. What I am now noticing is that the switches "work", but the TCC doesn't seem to be locking as solidly as before. Now, when I lock the TCC, I still get some rpm flaring when accelerating with the TC locked, regardless of whether or not the OD is 'engaged'.

When I had it on toggles before, the TCC engaged was a solid lock; it felt like a manual transmission in gear. The only real difference between then and now are:

- Toggle switches relocated to a different place
- OSS wiring has been fixed (it wasn't connected to the PCM before)

I've also noticed that (now) when I'm at 30-35mph or greater, the TC toggle doesn't seem to 'unlock' the TCC, whereas it would, before. Also, when in OD+L/U, and let off the throttle, the rpms drop to idle, normally, and acts as if the TC isn't locked at all.

The TCC toggle is tagged onto the TCC wire, and relay is removed and jumpered. The OD toggle, I actually severed the control wire from PCM so that only the toggle controls the OD engagement. This is exactly as it was the first time I had it on toggles, but the action is not the same, for some reason.

Could start with double checking all your connections for good continuity. Could be getting low voltage or intermittent signal to the TC.

So as some of you may know, I've been fighting multiple 47RE issues. I had added a TCC lockup as well as an OD switch last year to 'band-aid' the shifting issues I was experiencing. In some testing, I had reconnected all wiring back to original.

Last week, I relocated the toggle switches, and rewired them into the system. What I am now noticing is that the switches "work", but the TCC doesn't seem to be locking as solidly as before. Now, when I lock the TCC, I still get some rpm flaring when accelerating with the TC locked, regardless of whether or not the OD is 'engaged'.

When I had it on toggles before, the TCC engaged was a solid lock; it felt like a manual transmission in gear. The only real difference between then and now are:

- Toggle switches relocated to a different place
- OSS wiring has been fixed (it wasn't connected to the PCM before)

I've also noticed that (now) when I'm at 30-35mph or greater, the TC toggle doesn't seem to 'unlock' the TCC, whereas it would, before. Also, when in OD+L/U, and let off the throttle, the rpms drop to idle, normally, and acts as if the TC isn't locked at all.

The TCC toggle is tagged onto the TCC wire, and relay is removed and jumpered. The OD toggle, I actually severed the control wire from PCM so that only the toggle controls the OD engagement. This is exactly as it was the first time I had it on toggles, but the action is not the same, for some reason.

Back