Quick opinion on this oil leak location?

spooled mule

More slow then go...
So drive the truck today get home pop the hood notice oil has appeared. I have pictures I just want to verify that it is the valve cover gaskets. I am fairly sure it is not anything like oil leaking past a guide or anything. If it was it should be leaking out where the manifold gaskets are correct? Anyways just wanting some other opinions before I drop cash on a set of gaskets.
gy2adede.jpg
6averuzy.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you fellas. I figured but wanted other opinions also.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Take them off, give the gaskets a good clean if they are still soft and pliable. Clean the top of the head well. Try it again. If the gaskets are hard and stiff, time to buy new ones. A piece of dirt under the gasket (new or old) will cause a leak, so make sure its all clean.

I bet you there cut in half at the bottom. Happend to me twice i was tightening them down to tight and cutting them.The touque spec is like 8 or 6 pounds on them so just bairly snug them.

I bet you there cut in half at the bottom. Happend to me twice i was tightening them down to tight and cutting them.The touque spec is like 8 or 6 pounds on them so just bairly snug them.

Bolts are shouldered. They bottom out before it will cut the gasket IF there is no dirt/debris inside or out.

I have seen where the o-ring version got mixed up with the grommet version and caused issues. They should use the same gasket but I believe they have different bolts to accommodate for the grommet or o-ring style.

Back