Radiator stop leak......how do gou get rid of it..

rjustman

I bought a truck( one that I have posted about earlier,having the adapter plate leak) anyways..I was pulling my 5th wheel through the mountains and overheated..while it was puking coolant out of the overflow tank I noticed a bunch of rusty colored stuff..looked at it and it's like a gummy substance which come to find out is that stop leak. Is there any kind of flush or anything I can do to toget that stuff out?? That pc-9 and,re other Ford stuff,will it eat it up and get it out if I flush it??

Any helps appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

I've tried water..tried CLR also because last guy used water in it due to leak..and didn't wanna waste money on dexcool or any anti freeze for,that matter..so it had a little rust..what would I dilute the purple power to?? I was going to try the old 2 stage coolant flush from prestone ..or the regular powder dishwasher detergent..
I've been tossing the idea around of getting a new radiator anyways so if I go a little aggressive I'm ok with it..

Citric and distilled water or does it matter?? Or could I just put it in with the coolant that's already in it..

Thanks for suggestions guys

Back