rail presure gauge quit, noise in valve train

Farmall Power

Few questions i have been trying to answer. I put in 75hp edge injector tips last week in my 03. Few days latter i noticed a little louder then normal valve train and a slite miss( not sure what to call it) Ran the valves a few were off but didnt make much of a differnce. I had my edge juice on level 5 comming home from work and somethims it would go really good and smoke black and some thimes it would just go. When i shut the edge off the valve train noise seamed to get quiter. Also my rail presure gauge quit working, had a little flash one night and the gauge got bright around the base of the needle but still worked, now it dont work. is it something with the gauge or the Rp sensor? thanks for any ideas, Jeremy

Last edited:
Could be the rail sensor but it is most likely your gauge. When my rail sensor went out the truck was undriveable and sounded like it was going to beat itself to death. I would go back and redo the injector install and double check that all is ok. I would also unhook the rail gauge and take it out of the loop because I have seen a bad gauge cause problems with the rail sensor readings.

Joe

Just for my info, what brand rail pressure gauge do you have?

Toss the rail gauge first and see what happens. If you read around here a little you can find many posted problems with rail pressure and injector noise that were cured with removing the gauge.

J.D.

Toss the rail gauge first and see what happens. If you read around here a little you can find many posted problems with rail pressure and injector noise that were cured with removing the gauge.

J.D.

This is true. Many people had issues with the Quad rail gauge messing with the sensor. Also, some have a similar problem with the DiPricol gauge. I believe they both used the same wire harness.

I unpluged my dipricol RP gauge and my valve train noise seamed to be gone, edge seames to be working fine, the surging i noticed once and awhile i havnt noticed now, havnt put to many miles on sense i un pluged it. so now my 2 month old RP gauge is junk and i need to get a differnt brand? which one?

Back