Ram 47RH 2wd to 4wd?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
I have 47RH 2wd transmission in my 94 3500 dump truck and I need to convert it to 4wd.

What parts I need for 4wd conversion?

Overdrive unit?
Output shaft?

???

Do you have needed items for sale?

Let me knew.

Also the front and rear driveshafts, transfer case, and front axle.

I'd just get a complete overdrive unit. If you can't find the whole thing you can do it if you find the housing and output shaft.

Those items I have allready :lolly:.

I have also 47re 4wd tranny, but I do not want to convert RH to RE.
I want to keep the dump truck as simple as possible.

Besically I need someting like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE-47RH-REMANUFACTURED-DIESEL-TRANS-O-D-ASSEMBLY-93-/190439266996?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c57109ab4 ? ??
They mention a core charge near the bottom of the listing for that item. Just a heads up in case you didn't see it.

yupp...and core charges where it is listed that it exists, but no amount is givin, they usually are nothin nice!

on the up side that unit is SUPPOSED to have 10 forward direct and 6 od clutches in it. i would be askin if they were red or white if i were you, and if the steels were coated or not (kolene)

oh, never mind...that is an earlier hyd unit. believe it has a differnt gov than a later elec model like yours? also has the weaker planet but what diff is that if the gov is diff and it wont work for you?

yupp...and core charges where it is listed that it exists, but no amount is givin, they usually are nothin nice!

on the up side that unit is SUPPOSED to have 10 forward direct and 6 od clutches in it. i would be askin if they were red or white if i were you, and if the steels were coated or not (kolene)

oh, never mind...that is an earlier hyd unit. believe it has a differnt gov than a later elec model like yours? also has the weaker planet but what diff is that if the gov is diff and it wont work for you?

This isn't a crazy build, even a 8 disc direct and 5 disc OD would work just fine. Coated steels would be overkill... Also the early straight cut gears in the planetaries aren't that much weaker and put MUCH less thrust load on things. Fact is drag racers spend big $$$ to not only get different gear ratios in the 727s, but also straight cut gear planetaries to remove the majority of the thrust loads, not to mention power loss due to friction from said thrust loads...

ATroSS- If I didn't have plans for them in my personal truck I would send you the RH 4x4 housing and output shaft I have laying in the shop :Cheer:

Stan, I hope Your plans will change ...:evil

Hahaha, well I guess for the right price they could... I can always use more 2wd parts too. I'll do some checking, I am kinda torn on what I want to do right now, so you might be in luck.

AsTroSS,
Do you still need 4wd parts? I have a tailshaft and housing that I can't use. I thought that I had a 47RH, but noo, Its a damn RE that was in my '95.
Let me know.

Back