Ranch Hands

'Powerstroke7.3

Hearing Impaired
Just for info

My friend had a wreck in his F-350. He pulled out a little bit too far and another truck hit his ranch hand front bumper replacement. The truck was totaled from frame damage. It pretty much ripped the front of the frame off. :kick: The other truck only hit his ranch hand. I was going to get one but I think I am just going to stick with the brush guard now. Mine only connects to the bumper so if its hit its just going to snap right off instead of causing serious damage. So if ya have one, might want to look both ways twice. :doh:

But what about the car he could have plowed through without a scratch on his truck? Or how many deer can you hit with no damage? I'll keep my full replacement bumpers!

Ive personally seen an F350 with a full replacement RanchHand hit a Carolla head on. Carolla totalled....F350 drives away.

Just statin the facts. I wouldnt trust it to plow through to many corollas with what I seen. Maybe it was a fluke. All I know is that was a waste of a good truck.

think of what it would have done if the other truck would have hitten his truck without it though....

I hit a 300lb hog at 70mph about 6 months ago, all it did is bend the skirting a little. If I would have had a factory bumper, it would have done some serious damage.

I look at that story kind of like the people that have been killed because of waring their seat belt. I'm sure that every now and then there will be some freak thing happen but most all the time your better with than without. I have had a lot of people tell me stories about how their bumper replacements have saved their truck from serious damage and caused major damage or even totaled the other vehicle.

Just my 2cents,
Kenny

KT Performance said:
I hit a 300lb hog at 70mph about 6 months ago, all it did is bend the skirting a little. If I would have had a factory bumper, it would have done some serious damage.

x2... Cept my pig was about 200.... No damage at all.

if i liked the look of them i would be all over them, i think they are great and very useful, i just like the look of the stock bumper on the PSD though.

Common with any heavy duty bumper replacement....the bumpers won't show much damage, but if the hit is hard enough it will result in some frame damage.
Most cases is minor and can easily be corrected on a frame machine. And as mentioned.....generally the other vehicles involved will have a severe amount of damage to them (Dex, not sure if you remember Mike Wilkes SD with the Road Armors front and rear and his multi-car pile up).

But, I've never heard of anyone getting hit in the manner described and do see how some pretty good damage could be caused depending on the speed of the vehicle when the collision occured.

Like anything...it has it's pros and cons.

Here's an example of when they are good....

This truck:
13196.JPG

13201.JPG

Caused this damage in a multi-car pileup:
4471.jpg

4472.jpg

From what I recall....all that happened to his truck was a bent mouting tab(s) for the bumper and possibly a very slightly tweaked frame that was easily fixed. Without them, he would have had some pretty good damage as well....

WOW. Thats a nice bumper. Yeah, Like I said, It could have been a fluke. I see what yall are saying though. Could save your rig.

Big A said:
Man I like those bumpers.......:rockwoot: ....Just wish they were cheaper.

it may be an expensive bumper but your deductible is gonna be about the same as buying the bumper once said and done....

Back