Ratchet shifter install

ehines218

So I just bought a hurst pro Matic 2 and will be installing in the next couple weeks what all do I need to make this bad boy work? I have a manual valve body but won't be putting it in till it warms up.

So I just bought a hurst pro Matic 2 and will be installing in the next couple weeks what all do I need to make this bad boy work? I have a manual valve body but won't be putting it in till it warms up.

It'll still work on a normal valve body. If it's a stock one you won't get lock up until 3rd gear, and it won't downshift to 1st unless you're going slow enough.

Also, make sure you don't disconnect your throttle input until you get the full manual valve body.

I have a built trans just wanting full control. Do I have to do any fab work to get the linkage to hook up? I'm just going to bolt it to the floor for now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

usually youll have to mount the shifter and the cable kits usually come with everything youll need to bolt the cable to the rail of the trans pan and hook up the end to the shifter arm on the trans

Should have all of the brackets and pieces needed for install. RTFB.

It is fairly straight forward. Only thing I ran into was my cable needed to be inserted into the arm from the bottom or it would kit things.

I'm worried about hitting the cooler lines. I have read a couple people having problems with that

Most of the brackets that bolt to trans have issues not fitting right with aftermarket trans pans. Slight modification and they work just fine.

I think you can get a hold of Czerak on here. He might have some tips.

How do I get ahold of Czerak? I tried doing a search for him

Only thing I ran into was my cable needed to be inserted into the arm from the bottom or it would kit things.

Most of the brackets that bolt to trans have issues not fitting right with aftermarket trans pans. Slight modification and they work just fine.

These two things are pretty much all you need to know. The first time I put mine in, I extended the bracket to go over the cooler line. Later I saw where someone ran the cable under the line by mounting it to the bottom of the shift arm. Big doh! type moment for me, don't make the mistake I did.

Ha do you have any pics of how things are hooked up

41a9dccabd3e6329999a8727911aa641.jpg
[/IMG]

90eaa78d62412b501c868abba3804d59.jpg
[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I think his cable is going to be coming from the front of the trans, not the back like yours. Nice work on the install though. I don't have any pictures of mine, but I might have some saved from when I was collecting ideas.

Yes mine will be coming from the front but it is helpful seeing the brackets

Back