ratchet shifter selection

ehines218

I have been looking for a ratchet shifter for quite awhile and have been having a hard time finding what I want then I stumbled upon the hurst promatic and it looks really promising. does anyone have any experience with it?

The only shifter I have experience with is the cheetah SCS turbo action shifter and I really like mine. I would say selecting a shifter really comes down to two things; its size/mounting style and the handle design. You need to sit in your truck and see what style handle would feel comfortable in your hand. Also, look at how you want to mount the shifter and route the cable to the transmission. I don't have any experience with another shifter so I can't say it's better for any reason, I just have no complaints with it so far. It does what I need it to. Hope this helps.

i have the b&m stealth pro. and as above it just fit my hand and felt right. no complaints . everybody has different tastes and feels but they all shift ur tranny its what u like . good luck

I have the standard B&M pro. Works like it should, installed fairly easy. If I were doing it on a DD it would be getting a gated shifter without a doubt. Ratchets are fun for about a day.

I run a Megashifter, mostly street driving with auto VB. Works pretty well, no complaints. If I had a manual VB, I'd probably want a gated shifter.

I have the standard B&M pro. Works like it should, installed fairly easy. If I were doing it on a DD it would be getting a gated shifter without a doubt. Ratchets are fun for about a day.

If only there were more reverse manual valve bodies on the market. I would love a ratchet if that were the case.

I have a b&m truck shifter with the t handle. I love it but it does get a little old in a tight parking lot going from 1-R. I have a hurst pro stick I'm gonna try when the engine goes back together, playing with it on the bench it seems to work nicer with the pistol grip.

B&M pro stealth here. Only thing that gets annoying is stop and go traffic. I too, wish there was more options for reverse manual VB's.

See I don't want a reverse manual valve body because being a vp truck after hard pulls I need to hit neutral and bemp throttle to keep from vapor locking. What I liked about the pro Matic is that instead of a lever for the park and reverse lock I just need to lift up slightly on the handle and I'm wanting to hide the main part of the shifter under a manual console and have just the stick sticking out. Also they have a handle specifically for trucks which is longer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ive ran tci outlaw shifter, hurst pro stick and megashifter all served there purpose I guess.. The new truck we are building I decided to go with Precision Performance kwik shift 2 they are super nice high quality units and only one hand operation with reverse lockout being thumb operated.

Back