Re-inventing the wheel...

JariV

Business Owner
I decided to make my own wheels. I bought an old set of 16,5x8,25" Western Wheels (the most common set very often seen in these trucks). Took out the outer edge rivets (not attaching anything), glass-media blasted them to remove the clear varnish and painted them black. I fitted a set of newer Dodge Ram center caps and designed the stainless steel "bedlocks" (only show, not actual ones). Then I draw them on paper and lasercut them. Then some 6mm bolts, nuts and precision cut stainless steel tubes and then I mounted the "bedlocks" to the holes where the rivets were earlier on. Tires are 35x12,5" BFG AT:s.

This is how they look:
D-Wheel2.jpg

D-Wheel3.jpg

D-Wheel4.jpg

Do you have a shot of them from head-on? I'm pretty sure I have a set of those wheels laying around.

...didn't take that pic, sorry. Tried searching it with Google but no luck.

One pic more with levelling kit installed and 1" fender flares:

13092010265.jpg

Those were similar to this wheel weren't they?
usw-94-5812.jpg

That is a great idea! Custom bead-lock look for a fraction of the price. You could easily make a few sets of rings to change out so you can easily have a style you want. :Cheer:

I really like them! :clap::bow: Thanks for sharing

Exactly. No need to change perfectly good wheels, just change the cheapo "bedlocks".

They originally looked like that but they are aluminum, the one in your pic is steel. And you cannot take the rivets out from those. But the appearance is very similar and I trust that was what you were after.

Bed locks? I think you ment beadlooks or streetlocks? Both pretty gay/californian IMO! That is a great mod for speedy corrosion on alloy rims that are now hard to keep clean.

Bed locks? I think you ment beadlooks or streetlocks? Both pretty gay/californian IMO! That is a great mod for speedy corrosion on alloy rims that are now hard to keep clean.

Are you always an asshole?
You must be a homophobic gay Chinese guy as much as you talk about "fags" and "chinks".
Tel ya what...since I'm already in a bad mood...and I'd gone back through your old posts...the next time I see you dropping all your racist bullish!t I'll just show ya the door.
I'm sick of douchebags like you cluttering up our house.

You must be a homophobic gay Chinese guy as much as you talk about "fags" and "chinks".
Tel ya what...since I'm already in a bad mood...and I'd gone back through your old posts...the next time I see you dropping all your racist bullish!t I'll just show ya the door.

:eek:wned:

Glad you said something, I think the guy made a nice low cost improvement to his wheels.

:clap:

:clap: perfectly said.

they look awesome. great job makes the truck look tough. i like it alot:Cheer:

Back