Real budget turbos

Nobody has actually answered my question yet.

I don't think what you're looking for exists in box-stock form. If it did, everyone else would be all over it already. The closest I can think of is the atmospheric turbo on a 6.4L Ford (65mm), although I have no idea what it would go for if you could find one.

thats what im doing. adding a s366 to my stocker. same setup as most towing twins

The old bd kit had a 57 over an S366, a member here did a set with an HY35 over a silver bullet........it spooled very well.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I'm a college kid and have nowhere near the build budgets of some people on this board. I'd love a screaming twins setup and supporting mods, but just don't have the money now.

I'd love to write a blank check and have my truck transformed overnight into what I want, but the best way to go about it is to build it slowly. I plan on getting another engine and trans core and building them over time. Save a little money, send the block to be machined, save a little more, buy injectors, then maybe studs, turbo, etc. When you're done building it swap it in. If you break something you have the old engine and trans as a backup.

It might take longer, but the damage to the wallet and truck down time wouldn't be as bad. If you want deals you can't find them quickly, you gotta wait. That $1000 turbo you want might turn up somewhere for $400.

I know the feeling, good luck with your build.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I'm a college kid and have nowhere near the build budgets of some people on this board. I'd love a screaming twins setup and supporting mods, but just don't have the money now.

I'd love to write a blank check and have my truck transformed overnight into what I want, but the best way to go about it is to build it slowly. I plan on getting another engine and trans core and building them over time. Save a little money, send the block to be machined, save a little more, buy injectors, then maybe studs, turbo, etc. When you're done building it swap it in. If you break something you have the old engine and trans as a backup.

It might take longer, but the damage to the wallet and truck down time wouldn't be as bad. If you want deals you can't find them quickly, you gotta wait. That $1000 turbo you want might turn up somewhere for $400.

I know the feeling, good luck with your build.

Most people I know on a budget end up going to twins using a stocker. My buddy built triples for his rat rod (HC1's) for about $400. You can still find HT60's HT3B's and other 75-ish mm turbos for cheap on the forums or fleabay.

anyone ever heard of agp turbos? thinking about running their 62 on top of my new bw s400 w 74m wheel

A dude a while back ran this setup on a 1st gen, made 55psi, and he said he had $78 in the whole setup plus labor. Was a diesel tech, and got a turbo off a CAT or something at work. It was all wrong, 1.30 a/r, huge turbine, etc, but it still made 10psi between stages, which was better than nothing.

1112101006.jpg

Back