Recipe for low 12's?

haddixj

I am posting for a friend he is been reading about some builds on here but had questions about what turbo/inectors/timing everbody ends up arrving at. Just trying to avoid some trial and error. He has had a 12v for a long time now but is buying a 2wd dedicated drag truck so he is looking for a big single and the required stuff to go with it. COMPD wont let you PM people unless you have a min 10 post count so I had to post instead of being able to pm people.
Thanks
Jason

Trial and error is the only recipe, that and a special rub that's gotta be applied the night before-

This June will be 2 years working on my 2wd to get it into the low 12's. It's not quite there yet, I think my recent tranny work will put there.

Lots of trial and error.

And one more thing, making horsepower is the easy part on these old 12 valves, putting it to the ground efficiently with 2wd is by far the biggest challenge.

Getting it to the ground isn't what were worried about. If needed we will just backhand it and tub it. He is just trying to buy one turbo and one set of injectors. Is anybody running a wide slick? I race a tube chassis duster so the diesel racing thing is new to me. He plans on buying billet shafts for the trans a he has an ats triple disk that he sent out to get restalled. Thanks

Back