Recon Lights Plug and Play My @ss

CREED1

Throwed Off
Alright guys I ordered a set of side fender lights and cab lights for the 2nd gen dually and went to put them on the other night and noticed that the fender lights not only are not plug and play like advertised but they also want you to use double sided tape to put them on instead of using the factory clip that is screwed to the fenders. I dont mind having to modify wiring if this is what it is going to take but common dont advertise something and then its not what advertised! The factory lights use a 2 prong pigtail a hot and a ground connector the marker lights are a simple bulb socket plug. :bang

After getting irritated with that I moved on to the cab lights opened the box and to my suprise found that again bulb socket plug that doesnt match the factory wiring :bang. Of course this was thursday and they were closed understandable but after doing a little searching tonight I came across some people on another site who had the same issue and they were told that they(recon) had no idea what they (customer) were refering too so he sent them pics and was told all sells final *bdh*.

Now I have used lots and lots of recon products my 07 is decked out with all there stuff and only had an issue with the taillights I had to hardwire them up b/c this was before anyone developed taillights for the new 07 pigtails. I also noticed that I found the same lights on ebay for $200 less then recon and they even come in the same smaller single box's so it makes me wonder how much of this stuff is being repackaged.

But my main question is does anyone else with a 2nd gen ever had issues with there products such as what I listed above. Taillights and 3rd brake light I had 0 issues plug and play as advertised just the cab lights and fender lights.

i installed 2 sets of the smoked cab lights on 2nd gens this week and they both plugged with in to the factory wiring and then installed in teh factory holes, i have never had a problem with them fitting on any vehicle so far

i think they sent you the wrong kit, i would send it all back. i have heard other horry stories about how bad they are a fixing a screw up on their end, your not the first or most likely the last

These look just like the factory lights to the t exact just not plug and play.

Yes i had the same problem and I too called recon..they are like yep thats the right kit same as the cab lights and then they hung up... yes it is stupid that they claim plug and play when u have to re-wire the truck to make it work.. Cut the plugs off and wire power to power and ground to ground.. make sure you have a test light to see which ones which... The sad thing about it is recon can do whatever they want because they are the only ones that have the certain style of cab light, and fender lights that i wanted. The rest were all surrounded with chrome and other odd designs.. its just like everything in business if your the only one that makes it u can charge as much as you want, b as terrible to customers as you want, and theres nothing any one can do about it.

my little brother just bought recon cab lights for his 2nd gen and they plugged into the factory wiring and screwed right to the factory holes. no issues what so ever. i do have a buddy thats getting ready to order cab light kit for his 06 cause it didnt come with cab lights. so should he not buy the recon kit and just get one from mopar then get recon covers?

Had two sets of recon cab lights. Had to modify the factory harness to make them work. We won't even discuss the crappy little bulb holder that doesn't make a good enough connection and you have to put the bulb in just perfect so that it lights up.

Well you can damn sure bet there going to get a call on there b/s monday. I think on the fender lights Im gonna go down to mopar and buy four pigtails and wire the pigtail end to the light that way they will plug in like factory. The cab lights maybe they will have a solution or I will end up just sending them back and trying to find a template to just shave the cab lights off of the truck while its in the body shop. Led's are the ticket on this truck since I am painting over them neways.

Had two sets of recon cab lights. Had to modify the factory harness to make them work. We won't even discuss the crappy little bulb holder that doesn't make a good enough connection and you have to put the bulb in just perfect so that it lights up.

Exactly!!!

had the same issue with my cab light, had to cut the factory plug off and solder the connections together. everything works fine now but i will have to do it all again if it messes up

the cheap "Euro" lights on ebay are better than Recons for the cab lights... LED, removable bulbs, no gay clear portion on the smoked lenses.

the Recon tails are junk, mine had a short from day one and caused my "lamp out" warning to go off all the time

hate recon

Back