Redline an QUAD

Why? You lose the rpm of the redline and the quad does timing?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Well I have tried this quad out and around 3800 it wants to act crazy or it will hang wide open and most time have to shout it down with the key! So i thought if u ran the redline for pump tap it maybe smoother, what home work ive done on the redline it ignore ecu and at most timing is 18 degrees.

If both boxes take over and the ecu does nothing, i was hoping they would work good together!

So u say the redline wont do anything if i try this?

Maybe off on timing numbers i was thinking 18 degrees but i couldn"t find notes that others had said. Most people say pump can go from 8 degrees to 24 degrees but someone said they put a timing light on once. And it was like 12.5 at idle to right at 26 at wide open.

If the first statement is correct, and the pump adds 7.5 with a redline it would be 15.5 and if the second statement is correct it would be 20. Thats if the pump adds its stock timing. Like i said im going by others that have played with these pumps!

I need to get a timing light and see what it says but if the redline wont work with the quad id like to get timing up and run the redline! Never ran a redline but seen a few that ran good with the smarty for spool up but what ive seen the redline most of the time has a good flame out the pipe unless they have a lot of fuel to put the fire out!

Redline is the best in my opinion. I run it with a smarty and thinking about running the ts mvp and taking off the smarty.

After searching a little more on the combo they say leave map unhooked on redline and it should work. Just have to reset redline every time u turn key back on.

Ive seen both boxes run on track and both was impressive on both trucks, seems like if pump and redline is set right and matched they will turn more!

If I can get quad too run a little smoother on top end i would try it by itself but Im afraid on my setup it may want to pull down on the other end. It wouldnt be good if it pulled down to factory reave limter!

You should be able to run the redline plugged in to the map as well, you'd want the fueling box to see the most accurate information so it should be closest to the sensor, that's how I ran my tst/edge. Maybe not, I'm not real familiar with the redline. Personally I'd sell the quad and buy an ez or edge comp for timing, I've never had great luck with the quadzilla stuff.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yeah seems like everyone that runs a edge makes good power but ive been around them on stock trucks and they do ok, I never had one but ive always like this tst that i bought for 50 bucks years ago. lol

Ive ran ran it with a mvp and liked it, it would drain pump if u had tst turned to kill. Tst wouldnt do it by itself though. After running the ol trusty lighting box with this adrenaline made my boost 2psi higher than it ran before. But think ive got a bad map sensor tst never got above 23psi with mvp.

And adrenaline reads low on boost also but seems it dont look at boost for lower numbers for low end fuel as much as ol trusty, but it set to kill will not air lock pump.

Trucks making 60ish psi boost on mechanical gauge with turbo closed up a bit and 42ish open. And i will try a redline looks like got one coming, havent decided to just run it or send n to get a unlimited version?

Back