Reliability upgrades

bigc19

Engine from my 09 is getting rebuilt. Wondering what you all would recommend to do to it while it's torn down. Not looking for rods/pistons as I'm not going to be putting down over 600, but any cost effective things to do while it's in pieces.
Trucks used for DD and towing a horse trailer right now. Has a 465 2nd gen swap
Thanks

Also, it will have headstuds, springs, and pushrods. Debating getting mild porting done, as well as maybe a cam. Unsure what else, if anything to look into

Are main studs at all worth peace of mind, or no where near necessary for this mild of a build. I know not a requirement

ROD BOLTS.
Can't tell you how many Commonrail engines I've pulled down, where the rod bolts just didn't seem all that tight.

Mark.

ROD BOLTS.
Can't tell you how many Commonrail engines I've pulled down, where the rod bolts just didn't seem all that tight.

Mark.

With your saying the rod bolts, are you talking putting arp in, or just not reusing the original. I ask because I've been looking for upgraded, and 90% of the websites I've checked, the arps are only for 5.9. Any pointers in the right direction would be very helpful.
Thanks

Back