Removing 6.0 heads

01PPUMP

I need to remove the heads on our 6.0lt. to replace the head gasks. I am also installing H11 head studs from Elite Diesel. I know I have to lift the cab but is there any pointers you guys can give to assist. How long will it take and maybe what to look for F-350 2005, I would greatly appreciate the help thanks....

pull the motor it makes things go faster, plus you dont have to try to work with it in the chassi.as for the new studs never did that one, I blow the motor up before I could install them, replacing with a cummin's the 6.0 s--ks.I had issues with head gaskets on my first f-350 7.3, and tried to replace the head gaskets in the truck it was a pain in the neck, back, and every other part of the Body.so the other side blow and I pulled the motor it made it so easy it wasnt funny, after pull8ing hte motor and seeing what it takes on the 6.0, thats what I would do if I were you. Good Luck with it. SickFord

i did my heads, studs and fire rings with the cab on. if your not in a hurry it can be done. pull the cab or motor if your wanting it done in a weekend. if the cab is on use the rubber bands to hold the studs in place. you will have use a engine hoist to lift the heads out with a special bracket. here is some pics.http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562575684GWWWTV?start=0

you do not need to pull the motor. if you know what your doing and have access to a lift it is easier to lift the cab . i could have the cab of in a couple hours. :evil

Cab is fairly easy to take off, its how they put it togethor in the factory so it makes sense to pull the cab.

it CAN be done with the cab on and motor in. but, it is A LOT easier with the motor out or the cab off. i want to do my studs with the motor in and cab on but im going to do injectors now so im going to pay to have someone do it all. also, while you are in there, i would recommend doing some sort of regulated return fuel system and a fuel pressure gauge. it will help you keep an eye on things and help to keep proper pressure to the injectors. low fuel pressure kills injectors. also, how about an EGR delete and maybe an HPOP gauge.:ford:

Garrett

Back