Replacing the fuse panel?

bmarlatt

Mirrors Down
After chasing electrical gremlins trying to get my shut-down soilenoid to work I'm pretty sure the fuse panel just inside the drivers door is having some issues.

On a couple ciruits I have 12 volts going into the panel and nothing coming out. I replaced the fuses and used electrical cleaner in the holders and it did nothing to help. This is leaving me to think the panel is bad.

Is this a part that can be found or am I going to have to cut and splice from a junkyard truck? And how big of a job am I looking at for this?

Also its a 98 with a 5 spd if that makes any difference.

Fuse panel

I had a problem with the shut down intermitently dropping out and malfunctioning. blowing fuses and found a chaffed spot in the harness behind intake portion of the head. fixed that and it worked fine.

the fuse box would be a junk yard unit, but dont cut and splice all of it into your truck. most of them come apart with a little figuring, and only splice in the bad( burned broken etc.) sections that are needed. solder connections are a must for reliability. ie. no butt connectors. good luck with that problem.

I had a problem with the shut down intermitently dropping out and malfunctioning. blowing fuses and found a chaffed spot in the harness behind intake portion of the head. fixed that and it worked fine.

the fuse box would be a junk yard unit, but dont cut and splice all of it into your truck. most of them come apart with a little figuring, and only splice in the bad( burned broken etc.) sections that are needed. solder connections are a must for reliability. ie. no butt connectors. good luck with that problem.

That is exactly what my shut down is doing, I may dig a little deeper into my harness before I look at the fuse panel then. Thanks

Back