Replacing the Infinity System

Bersaglieri

Ron Swanson's Brother
Well my stock Infinity radio keeps spitting the CD out eleventy billion times before it plays and my drivers side speaker was buzzing so I took it out. Not to mention the radio light only works 1/2 the time so you've got to guess the button and station your on. I was going to scope out ebay for replacements, but it looks like new stuff would run me about the same or less.

So what is everyone using for replacement speakers and decks? Also what sizes are in these trucks? 6.5" in the doors and 4x6 in the rear pillars? Just looking for something that sounds as good or better than stock, nothing crazy like huge subwoofers or amps. I always had good luck with Pioneer decks and the rockford fosgate component speakers in my camaro sound pretty good. I only listen to country and rock.

-Dustin-

Is the amp separate from the head unit in your truck? That will make a difference if you plan on using the Infinity amp with a new head unit.

I'm pretty sure it's like a bose system where it's on each speaker. I'd need to replace it all since nothing is working 100%

-Dustin-

In my 98 i took out all the infinity stuff and ran a kenwood deck with a kenwood 10 inch sub with some polk 6x9's in the rear doors and the polk momo component system in the front doors and tweeters. I also ran two amps a 1100 watt mono amp for the sub and a 75x4 for the components and the 6x9's.

It was a great sounding system i could make it bump or sound like a well balanced concert hall.

I plan on removing the factory wiring/components and running a pair of decent component 6.5's in the doors and a 10" sub between the seats

Heck I'd even be willing to buy someones working front drivers speaker for the time being. But I was thinking of something similar to Hurley's idea. I have that same sized stuff in my camaro and since it's becoming more of a drag car I might just toss that crap into the truck.

-Dustin-

Back