ridiculous smoke!!

04cummins kevin

Well im a 12v New, I came from the 5.9 an 6.7 cr world. Picked up a 99 fummins that supposedly has 5x.012's, 3kgsk, #100 plate an hx40. Threw the whole rpm range until 2300 it smokes horribly an hits 36psi but then falls on its face at 2300rpm. No boost leaks that I can find so my guess is the timing is too far advanced and the preboost screw is all the way in.
Ive searched for 2 hours and im still not finding how to adjust the AFC or timing, I hate super Smokey trucks and it makes me feel like "one of those guys" going around oraling cole
HELP LOL

Governor springs and afc tuning. There is many a thread on both.

I agree gsk is killing you. Type in afc tuning in google. About 100 threads on Cummins forum about it

Well im a 12v New, I came from the 5.9 an 6.7 cr world. Picked up a 99 fummins that supposedly has 5x.012's, 3kgsk, #100 plate an hx40. Threw the whole rpm range until 2300 it smokes horribly an hits 36psi but then falls on its face at 2300rpm. No boost leaks that I can find so my guess is the timing is too far advanced and the preboost screw is all the way in.
Ive searched for 2 hours and im still not finding how to adjust the AFC or timing, I hate super Smokey trucks and it makes me feel like "one of those guys" going around oraling cole
HELP LOL

If you need help stop by some evening and we'll tinker with it. theres always something happening at the shop lol

Back