Rockwell 20-145

Ja564rm80

I'm wondering if a Rockwell 20-145 in stock form would be an upgrade from an 11.5 axle? I know it's heavier but would it in stock form with aluminum hubs and real wheels hold up better then the 11.5. I know about upgrading it but for now would the stock Carrier and axles be better or no?

I've ran a sqhd with a stock carrier and a mini spool from Keck machine for 3 years and it's been fine. I never ran the stock axles tho. I doubt there's much difference in a sqhd and 20-145 stock carrier?

I'm wondering if a Rockwell 20-145 in stock form would be an upgrade from an 11.5 axle? I know it's heavier but would it in stock form with aluminum hubs and real wheels hold up better then the 11.5. I know about upgrading it but for now would the stock Carrier and axles be better or no?

I know several guys run welded sqhd carriers, stock axles and hubs with no failures of them to my knowledge. We have broke a pinion on a sqhd and nothing else was bothered.

20-145 stuff is stout as hell. Stock axle shafts are 2 inch and fine spline so you will be very hard pressed to break them. Never had issues with ours in stock form.

I know several guys run welded sqhd carriers, stock axles and hubs with no failures of them to my knowledge. We have broke a pinion on a sqhd and nothing else was bothered.

With the 20-145 hubs what are they using for wheels?

Wondering if there the same lug pattern as a mid 90s ford cab n chassis that used 10 lug hubs??

8 bolt hubs innner dual and outter dual are being made for this axle. I can keep the wheels I used last year.

Weld the semi rim centers into a pickup truck rim. Cheap and easy. Isn't the lightest but can get it done on a budget

^^ Dave you going to a big rear? Has spi set any new rules yet?

No rules announced yet. Just preparing just in case. My frame is cracked so I am going to need to do something with my chassis this year, I'd like to do it just once, yanno! :rockwoot: :pop:

They will work with f106 spindles. And yes they will fit stock axles. I'm making the hubs and spindles.

Back