Roll Cage Welding - Cincinnati Area

wilmesbm

Anyone in the Cincinnati area comfortable with welding in a chromoly cage for me? I'm not looking for someone to fab/bend one for me as I'll have one of the prebent kits available online.

Interior will be completely gutted, dash will be removed, back window will be removed and windshield can be removed if necessary.

Feel free to PM me if anyone is interested.

If your willing to come to the Pittsburgh area give me a call. 724-990-8180 SK Diesel Service

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the thoughts. I can barely spell tig... My welding skills are for my use only. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing something of great importance regarding safety for a customer or friend.

Are you close enough to Firepunk? I don't know what their schedule is like but they do full fabrication and well as build big power and mean transmissions...

No problem! Jason is a fantastic tig welder.

I spoke with them yesterday and they were willing to help, but they're already booked solid for the next couple of months. Not ruling them out, but would ideally like to get it done sooner than that. Of course, this is the busiest time of year for race car shops, so that may not happen.

Are you close enough to Firepunk? I don't know what their schedule is like but they do full fabrication and well as build big power and mean transmissions...

I am aware of who Firepunk is and have spoken with them about roll cages in the past. Something custom built is not necessary for this project and simply is not in the budget. Hence the purchase of a pre-bent kit and the search for someone to weld it in.

I spoke with them yesterday and they were willing to help, but they're already booked solid for the next couple of months. Not ruling them out, but would ideally like to get it done sooner than that. Of course, this is the busiest time of year for race car shops, so that may not happen.
There is another shop called weapon X up in the middletown area but i dont know anything about their quality. I typically only recommend Tin Soldiers for quality work.

I am originally from that area. I would recommend Mike Karwath. Unfortunately I have lost his contact info. But, I do know that he is an admin on Cincy CORE (Cincinnati Offroad Enthusiasts). You may want to join and then post or PM him; his user name is carwash.

There is another shop called weapon X up in the middletown area but i dont know anything about their quality. I typically only recommend Tin Soldiers for quality work.

Weapon X recently relocated to Fairfield, OH. That's where I've been getting my nitrous bottles refilled. I can't say for sure, but it's my understanding that they mostly do bolt on stuff and tuning. I know one of the guys who works there though, I will see if he can offer any insight.

I am originally from that area. I would recommend Mike Karwath. Unfortunately I have lost his contact info. But, I do know that he is an admin on Cincy CORE (Cincinnati Offroad Enthusiasts). You may want to join and then post or PM him; his user name is carwash.

I've heard that name before, I'll see if I can track him down. Thanks.

Weapon X recently relocated to Fairfield, OH. That's where I've been getting my nitrous bottles refilled. I can't say for sure, but it's my understanding that they mostly do bolt on stuff and tuning. I know one of the guys who works there though, I will see if he can offer any insight.

I had heard rumors of them doing some 8.50 cert cages in local street cars but that could have been some time ago.

Back