Rundown on 2002 Duramax?

Pitz

I still have Reverse
I've got a friend looking at an 02 duramax w/ 140k on it. Can anyone give me a Synopsis of the pro's cons of this year? I've heard people say the 2004.5's and newer are better, but he found a deal on an 02. Use:tow a tow hauler on monthly basis.

Thanks!

just the injectors have a high failure rate. everything else is aok. you could get injector balance rates checked with efi live or a tech 2 or a diablosport predator programmer. i would say chip it; they seem to have less problems with a tuner on it.

just the injectors have a high failure rate. everything else is aok. you could get injector balance rates checked with efi live or a tech 2 or a diablosport predator programmer. i would say chip it; they seem to have less problems with a tuner on it.

depend when the truck was bought INJ warentee has expired 7 year form when truck entered service. min is expired sold jan 31 02

also get the VIN check done i knwo they do it on mcrats site for free

Some people prefer the LB7 engines found in 01 to early 04 trucks. There are less emissions equipment and they have a mechanical turbo. If the price is right and it is in good shape go for it.

Back