Runner manifold questions...

Peterson

when you guys machine the stock cast manifold off and use a runner manifold, what do you use for a rear engine lift hook? im goin to prolly machine the manifold off my 06 CR head i got coming, and go with the IR manifold with the p-pump.

thanks in advance guys!!!!

I usually put the block in using the head bolts and then put the head on using the rocker bolts.

I use the valve cover bolt holes to set the head on.

thats what i was thinking. ok now another question, what size runners would you go with on a 24 vavle? 2" on the middle 5 ports and 1.5" on the front and back port?

I don't build individual runner manifolds because on a 24 valve motor you can't seal off the intake runners in the head to get the bennifit of it. So doing one on them would be more cosmetic then functional. But if you go ahead and build one it only makes sense to you the same diameter pipe on all the runners to try and keep the flow as consistent as possible

Last edited:
to divide the runners you could make a piece that would be the same contour of the divider in the head. Then tig it to the manifold plate and then use that CAT magic sealing stuff to seal it off, and then maybe even drill and tap the head in that same spot to pull it tight.

so if you were to use the same size runners, what size? 2"? or maybe only 1.5"?

Back