running a cracked 24v head filled

pxcr440

I have a ported 24v cr head that I just tore down. after tear down and cleaning up I have pretty noticeable cracks across exhaust ports. this head is getting tore down to be hard blocked and new big valves and seats going in for a deckplated 3.0 motor. with this being a dry block and filled does anyone have any concerns running the head in this application ? this head has been running no issues for the last 6 seasons on wet block 5.9

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Are the cracks at the mouth of the long port? Or where both ports blend together, because the divider was near or completely removed so the gas scavenges and/or becomes turbulent causing a hot spot...?

there actually on the deck surface from one valve to the next. aswell and very small ones showing on injector holes.

I am not really concerned with the cracks other then concerns of seats coming loose because of the cracks. all seem tight now ,pull head apart because of a tuliped exhaust valve on 6

A lot of $$ being spent to possibly have it trashed. Imo it’s in your best interest to rehome that one and find a new one to work with.

couple pics
65fbb50120866e5d751a65ad5f58a662.jpg
4ebddcdd839c3825fd38f0bd0a53d62a.jpg

I would agree, I wouldn't sink $ into a head with cracks that are that clearly visible.

Back