Runs rough and some smoke at idle

ckamp52

Truck has a harder time starting than it should and then runs a little rough at first and then smooths out. Until it gets good and warm if you try and put the go pedal down it is pretty rough. also will start to smokey haze when it sits running for an extended period of time. Im too cheap to go get it scanned (has CEL on ) since i probably wont use the shop to fix it. I used to stay on top of this truck and site constantly but now wtih a company truck she doesnt get used as much as she should :charger:

geeze i have already replaced that once or they did under warranty, How would i go about doing that? Thanks

probably injectors, but being too cheap to have somebody hook a scanner to it and owning a 6.0 are not a good mix :(

awesome thanks guys...haha hey ive put in my money on this truck just think its ridiculous to have to pay someone atleast 60 bucks (cheapest i have found) just to tell me what a lght means...yeah i have tried the autozone method once and that was pointless

Also check your EGR valve and make sure it's not stuck open. Something easy to check.

Background on the truck? What kind of oil are you using?

Back