S and W cage

wfodiesel

Looking at installing pre bent cage into my 1/2 ton from s and w. I would like opinions from guys who have already done pre bent kits. I know I have heard hoops sit pretty low and I don't want that, I want a clean looking cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk el jefa

Could sure use some tips, will be my first cage!

I installed there cage in a 94, it was all extra long and I made it fit tight. The premade chamfers cut to fit were pretty much useless but the main bent rear bar was close. Also it came with four rectangle bars to attach to the frame that seemed a little on the weak side and I didn't use. Don't expect any kind of real instructions to be included just a generic outline of what to do.

I got one for my extended cab, and am not happy. I basically am just using the hoop, cross bar and rear vertical bars. Everything else is mostly useless to me. I will be custom building the rest.

We installed an S&W cage kit in my wife's 04 Dodge and it sucks. The hoop sits low and I don't like how the rear bars go through the rear window opening. Would have been much nicer if they were higher up. I wouldn't waste my money on one of their kits again. But that's just me.

Attachments

• rollbar.jpg
    rollbar.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 0
  • stack and cage.jpg
    stack and cage.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
  • racetruck.jpg
    racetruck.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 0
I wonder if chassis works has a descent kit

I emailed chassisworks today and the feller emailed me a how to measure sheet for them to build a cage for my truck. I think this method will be easy and get the cage where I want it. I'll post more as I get measurements done.

Back