S363 over S483 how will it perform

STROKETHISF350

Im wanting to build my own twin kit fully tig welded out of 304 stainless steel and i seen that cpp has a 363 which is a t4 .88 a/r housing for about 800 bucks, its not wastegated which is no big deal because i want to run external anyways i am wanting to run a 483 with it with billet wheels. My knowledge about turbos really isnt up to par and i was just curious how this would perform.
My future plans are 60%over injectors, stage 3 or 4 cam, dual fuelers, p&p head, valve springs, push rods, coolant byspass, side draft intake, coated pistons, shot peened and polished rods, head studs, possibly fire rings and probly a new lift pump cause my air dog sucks. theres a few more things im forgetting im sure.. so my plans in the end is to have a truck able to hit 950 hp reliably but detuned for around 800 95% of the time i plan to dd it along with pulling up to 15k and occasionaly race here and there.

There are a few post's here on that turbo if you search it . That housing is undivided and spool will suffer .

If it was divided it wouldn't be too bad but non divided as LReiff as said it will not spool well.
Just to big of a space to fill.

Even the .91 divided housing will spool slow. Optimal is a .80 divided housing with a wastegate. They're not cheap. Good tuning will also go far towards helping spoolup.

Back