S400 center section

longhorn859

Brap.
I have been reading a lot to try to find an answer and figured I would just ask and save some time. I am currently running a s472 with the 83/74 center and a .9ar housing. I am wanting to throw on a new charger which is a billet 7 blade s478 with a 96/88 center section and a 1.0 t4 housing. Does anyone run the big center section as a single? This is a drag race only application and I have nitrous to assist.

With success? I am wondering if I could make a fuel only pass without snuffing it out during the shifts, and what it will be like trying to spool at the line compared to my 72 right now.

I'm not sure with your combination. With spray I'd say u'd stay on top of it. It'll take some tuning to stay on top with fuel only. Just go try it.

Why not go the 6 blade 78? Just curious. 7 blade would support a higher PR i would assume. There are also the 87/80 and 92/82(?) turbines to use as well.

I believe aaron nick runs the 87/80 center section. I am going to try it, I just didn't want to waste a brand new center section and waste some more money.

Back