S400 housing

dirtydozen

it is what it is
hey guys, i recently ran across a 71mm s4 with the 88/96 exhaust wheel and the 1.32 housing, and i can pick it up for pretty cheap.

i already have a s3 on top of my s475 right now and was thinkin about tryin the 71 as a single just for the heck of it. but i NEED a .90 or a 1.10 housing to make it even worth trying. probly will still need a small stage to help get it lit, but like i said, just wanna try it.

anybody have one they wanna sell? of know of where i can get one?

turbodave.com sells a 1.10ar for the 96mm for around 500 IIRC.

ED has them

yea i talked to chris at ED and he told me that i CAN NOT get a smaller wheel for my s4...because i guess its the bigger s400 frame and the smaller wheels will not fit it. i would have to go to the medium framed s4 to get the smaller 87mm turbine. does this sound familiar to anybody?

yea i talked to chris at ED and he told me that i CAN NOT get a smaller wheel for my s4...because i guess its the bigger s400 frame and the smaller wheels will not fit it. i would have to go to the medium framed s4 to get the smaller 87mm turbine. does this sound familiar to anybody?

Yep.

If you want to run it as a single, I'd look for the s400 with the smaller turbine and just use that. $.02

turbodave.com claims to sell a 1.10 for the 96mm.

yea i seen that...that seems like a decent idea, although it will still be pretty slow to spool wont it? with the 96 wheel?

also, i tried to email him but the email was rejected for some reason...some error or somethin idk...i guess i will try givin this guy a call. anybody ever deal with/through turbodave? are the pretty decent people/decent business?

I have heard other places cutting small housings for that wheel also, but for a single on the street, I don't think putting that big of a wheel in that small of a housing would be a good choice.

yea i seen that...that seems like a decent idea, although it will still be pretty slow to spool wont it? with the 96 wheel?

Yes.

I have heard other places cutting small housings for that wheel also, but for a single on the street, I don't think putting that big of a wheel in that small of a housing would be a good choice.

Yes.

yea i know what ur sayin, but this truck is just a toy/hobby truck. it is not a daily driver, but i do still drive it on the street and yes i do agree with you, it will be slower to spool hence less fun at the stop lights :doh:

but on the other hand i am just curious to see what it will do. if i dont like it i will swap back to the twins, but idk...i just found this 71mm for 100 bux and it like brand new. if i have to front a little money for a small housing to try it, i think i could still get my money out of it if i dont like it, you know what i mean

n yea i have heard of cuttin the small wheel housings out for the 96 too...thats an option also...

The 96/88 turbine will not be streetable...yes I have a very loose definition of streetable...the 83/74 turbine is streetable but is only available in the SX series s400s.

The 96/88 turbine will not be streetable...yes I have a very loose definition of streetable...the 83/74 turbine is streetable but is only available in the SX series s400s.

yes i know now the 83/74 is not a choice for my big chassis s4.

so...even with some nitrous feeding it the 96/88 wont work? keep in mind...this is NOT A DAILY DRIVER!!! just a toy :Cheer: so if its a pain to drive laggy wise i'm not too conserned...

yes i know now the 83/74 is not a choice for my big chassis s4.

so...even with some nitrous feeding it the 96/88 wont work? keep in mind...this is NOT A DAILY DRIVER!!! just a toy :Cheer: so if its a pain to drive laggy wise i'm not too conserned...

Try it...that's what most of us do!

also, i tried to email him but the email was rejected for some reason...some error or somethin idk...i guess i will try givin this guy a call. anybody ever deal with/through turbodave? are the pretty decent people/decent business?

https://turbodaves.com/Home_Page.html

is the website

Back