S400 single cold piping

Townsend600

Strong Arm
I know somebody can help me. I have my new S469 from FI bolted up to the manifold and the exhaust flange welded to the DP and connected to the Charger. I'm going to have to add a longer piece of hose to my oil drain connection in order to hook it up.

I have a weld on Vband flange for the discharge side but now I have to hook it all up to the factory intercooler piping. I would love to see some pics of what you guys are running. I'm running out of room quick with this big charger.

Also I haven't decided whether I should mover the battery back or build a intake similar to Olee Poole's on his CR.

Please help.

Never mind. Duplicate thread. On the other hand.

I tried to do it the cheap way and make my own but I think I may end up ordering a S400 vband to 3" rolled edge 90 from puredieselpower tomorrow.

Its $100 but at this point I just want my truck running again.

Anybody been able to keep your battery and intake in the factory position with a s400 single.

I would love to se some pics of yalls S400 intakes.

I can't get a pic cause I just have my phone, but I kept every thing in mine

I can't remember the part number but Snedge sells a cast elbow, clamp, and O-ring that are exactly like the stock pieces except bigger. I used those and didn't have to change the IC pipe or boot a bit. Then just go tohome depot or lowes and get a 4x5" rubber reducer for PVC pipe and use your same intake.

IMG_6935.jpg

IMG_6936.jpg

IMG_6937.jpg

IMG_6938.jpg

Last edited:
A few local guys use the cold pipe from II that they make for their 71 t4 kits. I think the last time I checked they were $180 or so. Quick and easy...

Part number for the elbow is 3957380 but don't know the clamp or O-ring.

$180? Little high don't you think. I can buy one from Pure diesel power for $99 come to find out.

I like the simplicity of that pete. I looked at Lowes and all they had were 6"x4" pvc clamps. I wonder if I can use my factory intake tube and and my AFE stg 1 box and filter and a 5x4 clamp and squeeze it past the battery?

I sent swedge a message

Thanks again guys.

2141pete. Is that your old truck or your new one and what size is your S400 charger? How do you like it.

$180? Little high don't you think. I can buy one from Pure diesel power for $99 come to find out.

I like the simplicity of that pete. I looked at Lowes and all they had were 6"x4" pvc clamps. I wonder if I can use my factory intake tube and and my AFE stg 1 box and filter and a 5x4 clamp and squeeze it past the battery?

I sent swedge a message

Thanks again guys.

2141pete. Is that your old truck or your new one and what size is your S400 charger? How do you like it.

That was on the old truck. It was a 71mm with the 83/74 wheel and .90 housing. I loved that setup. I crossed the scales at 18.5k with the same setup and tuning I used on the dyno but it is flat as hell here. That was the easiest way I could find to do it. For the oil drain I cut it off short right after it came out of the turbo and got a foot of hose from NAPA. I also tapped the top of the oilo cooler to 1/4" NPT and made my own oil line.

I have the clamp and oring just need the elbow. Thanks for the help. I don't think I'm going to have to modify my oil feed. I'm pretty sure my oil line off my HTT64 will work with it. I did notice today when I bolted the charger on that I'm going to have to cut the oil drain though. I could have mudded my way through the install but having guys like yall here really helps. Thanks alot.

Good to hear about the charger. I was a little hesitant about my charger. I have a S469 75/83 with a T4 1.0 housing, SDX 5x16's, Scheid cam, CDS ported head, Scheid 550cc's 913 pump. I'm hoping to make 750hp. gonna bump timing up to around 24-25* I'm going to try and find a 4-5" boot. I'd really like to get it local. I'm tired of waiting for parts to come in.

I have the clamp and oring just need the elbow. Thanks for the help. I don't think I'm going to have to modify my oil feed. I'm pretty sure my oil line off my HTT64 will work with it. I did notice today when I bolted the charger on that I'm going to have to cut the oil drain though. I could have mudded my way through the install but having guys like yall here really helps. Thanks alot.

Good to hear about the charger. I was a little hesitant about my charger. I have a S469 75/83 with a T4 1.0 housing, SDX 5x16's, Scheid cam, CDS ported head, Scheid 550cc's 913 pump. I'm hoping to make 750hp. gonna bump timing up to around 24-25* I'm going to try and find a 4-5" boot. I'd really like to get it local. I'm tired of waiting for parts to come in.

Plumbing sections in hardware stores carry those boots, home depot, lowes, etc.

Our lowes didn't have a 5" they had 4x6 but no 4x5. I'll try Home depot or True Value

I believe the adapters are made for clay pipe. They have a very broad range of flexability.

I had a mess of pics and text on my ED 468 thread from about three years ago in this competition section do a quick search :)

Thanks. I called snedge up this morn and ordered my discharge elbow. $45 you can't beat it. Olee Poole wanted $80 and Puredieselpower wanted $99

Back