S400?

97' CTD

FeFiFo-FoFeFeFi
Where and who makes a streetable S400 or do they? My buddy has a 12-Valver like me and doesnt want a so called name brand turbo (HTT,Industrial, etc.). It will be a daily drive and needs in 2.8 class :evil no towing, if any it would be 10K 2 times a year. It is a 5-speed with fuel to burn. Or is their a better suggestion for a turbo out their, I dont know anything on turbos I know you all do :bow: just think (street,12-valve,2.8!)
Thanks, Brandon

I would suggest using a 3.0 exhaust and a 2.5 compressor with an .80 ar housing for a street truck the next step would be a 2.9 (you would have to bush it for dhra street) and it would be a 2500+ rpm charger

I would also consider a k31 based charger with a t3 flanged exhaust housing

Last edited:
*bdh* Where do I get this??????? like I said I am clueless

Also would these chargers cool good and what HP are they good for?????????????????
Brandon

97' CTD said:
Also would these chargers cool good and what HP are they good for?????????????????
Brandon

they would be laggy but move alot of air once lit. I think the k31 would be best suited for street use. the ats a5k is based off of one

97' CTD, your buddy wanting this as a single? Why not a brand name?(special reason or just dont want to look at the price tag) s400 is a cheap charger and works well but is too large to run as single and in twin setups a lot of money goes into everything around the turbos(springs,o-ring, o-ring gasket,studs,piping,etc.) a s400 is about ~$550-$600 as far as hp/tq goes it all depends on the amount of fuel he has. Id recommend gus at farmboys diesel 704-290-2289, he will tell you whats best and has great prices and customer service.

Hey, I dont know why?????????? That is just how he is stubborn :kick:
He is studded,o-ringed,springs,port-polish
I will check out FarmBoy
Brandon

We recently stuffed a 2.8 legal s400 in my brother's duramax. It came off a hot stock pulling tractor; I believe Area Diesel was the original builder? He could try a Garrett GT4294 as well. They're 2.8 legal and come with a decent variety of exhaust housings. Good luck with it,
andy

I have been trying to get him to run the same charger as me silver 66 but
he says "To much green$" I said YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY my
friend :evil.

97' CTD said:
I have been trying to get him to run the same charger as me silver 66 but
he says "To much green$" I said YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY my
friend :evil.

very true. a wise man once said, " speed is money, how fast do you want to go?"

Back