S467 Question?

RED_SLED

I'm putting an s467/83/.90 on my truck soon and I'm in the process of gathering parts to run it. I have a pdi t4 manifold to run with it and a coupler to adapt my intake to the race cover. my questions are 1. what size oil feed do I need? 2. Do I need a different oil return? 3. Do I need a downpipe adapter to fit it to my hx40 dp. 4. What's the best way to run the compressor outlet off of a race cover? Thank you,
Cam

Same oil lines will work just fine, you can get the housing cut for a hx40 DP- that would be your easiest way. The Comp outlet get a straight 3" boot and modify the charge pipe.

I'd recommend getting a v-band flange welded to it. Or weld a 90* bend to the intercooler pipe and weld a bead around the end to help the boot clamp on.

Edit: Tree'd.

Yep, V-band is the way to go and get the S400 compressor discharge elbow. More money, but you don't have to worry about sealing issues/90* boots, etc. You can also buy the weld-on flange for your downpipe. Cut the hx40 flange off and weld in the new one.

i used the stock oil feed but put a copper washer in place of the oring. i did need different bolts for the oil drain which was weird as i used the factory drain bolts on my 72 & 75. i turned my exhaust flange to he351 as i already had a down pipe. a short 90* aluminum elbow and a couple 3" couplers is what i used on the cold side. i would have prefered a vband.

Thank yall for the help. I just ordered a weld on compressor vband flange and elbow. I called around and found a place that will turn down the housing to an hx40 for cheap. thanks again guys.

Back