SCT issue

jaime355

Six Slow
Took my truck into ford today, they told me it needs a oil and egr cooler and a FICM. The guy at ford told me when he submits the warrenty claim he has to be honest. he said he has to tell them i have turbo back exhaust and that the truck only had 3 run cycles in it. i set my truck back to stock before i took it in. he said that a tuner caused that and he could tell "things have been turned up". I did not admit to that and told himnot to submit it and picked the truck up. now my question is how do i fix this

Do a EGR delete....
Install a new oil cooler....

and try to find a good FICM out of a wrecked truck, or on the forums.

The work to do it is simple and easy.
There is even a teardown/assemble PDF file somewhere on the forums that you can download, and read it before you start....you can even print it off, and make your own shop manual.

Take it to a different dealer. The exhaust isn't an issue - changing the pipes from 3.5" to 4" or more isn't going to cause the FICM to fail. Can the low number of run cycles be caused by unhooking the battery?

I'm not encouraging you to scam Ford. You pay to play. It's just that dealers are overzealous when it comes to denying work based on what they perceive are harmful modifications. You might have better luck elsewhere. Otherwise, pony up.

I'm not encouraging you to scam Ford. You pay to play

Agreed

Also keep in mind that most of our experiences at dealerships have us listening to what ultimately turns out to be parts changers doing what they do, throwing parts at a problem, not diagnosing the problem. It may very well be that many of the parts that he says you need are a guess. Good luck to you on finding the real problem and minimizing the solution.

Im pretty sure they have the correct problems, its pushig all the coolant out of the cop on top of the bottle and when i start it i have to drive the truck for ten minutes before it starts to run on all cylenders.

Took my truck into ford today, they told me it needs a oil and egr cooler and a FICM. The guy at ford told me when he submits the warrenty claim he has to be honest. he said he has to tell them i have turbo back exhaust and that the truck only had 3 run cycles in it. i set my truck back to stock before i took it in. he said that a tuner caused that and he could tell "things have been turned up". I did not admit to that and told himnot to submit it and picked the truck up. now my question is how do i fix this

Didn't you unhook your batteries before you went to the dealer? wink,wink. The battery disconnect code, P1000, code is the only sign a programmer was installed. Since you disconnected your batteries to charge them up, that's what caused the code.

The exaust, that's another issue. I recommend completely returning to stock before going to the dealer. However, it shouldn't be a concern really but it's up to the discretion of the dealer or area rep.

Didn't you unhook your batteries before you went to the dealer? wink,wink. The battery disconnect code, P1000, code is the only sign a programmer was installed. Since you disconnected your batteries to charge them up, that's what caused the code.

The exaust, that's another issue. I recommend completely returning to stock before going to the dealer. However, it shouldn't be a concern really but it's up to the discretion of the dealer or area rep.
04 Ford F250 6.0L Custom Compounds Turbos(II Silver Bullets), Hypermax injectors. 11.5@118mph Custom tuned by IDP.

you have to many vehicals eric, the 6 leaker in your signature should make it's way to my garage
:what:

i agree, i'd change out the oil cooler and get ya a egr delete, it looks like a lot of stuff to do and hard to get to but it really isn't that bad.. i did mine because i didn't have the cash to have the dealer do it, and now that i know how to do it it really isn't that bad

To think in Miami I would take my old truck in with stacks and 315's to the dealer all the time for warranty work. Good luck

anything other than stock can and will screw you over of they want to. ask me how i know....a simple k&n flagged me in dodges computer. we're all on this site bc we generally like to do it ourselves. good luck with doin it yourself man!

Back