Second gen solid engine mounts

What about a trans mount ? Does it matter if you run a stock mount or could a solid mount be made ?

I have ran it both ways. I have ran it with a stocker and with a tubular mount as well. I went tube simply for weight reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using a stock rubber trans mount with mine, works fine.
I've also gone 1.400 60ft on leaf springs with the solid mounts. Truck would cut 1.45 on average before. I believe the solid mounts were part of that gain. I mainly went to them to go all V-band piping, the better 60fts were a bonus.

I'm using a stock rubber trans mount with mine, works fine.

I've also gone 1.400 60ft on leaf springs with the solid mounts. Truck would cut 1.45 on average before. I believe the solid mounts were part of that gain. I mainly went to them to go all V-band piping, the better 60fts were a bonus.

That’s always awesome to hear. Never thought about that side of things.

Is there any risk of damaging the block ? I’ve ran stiffer mounts on a v8 s10 and a wrx and the slight vibe increase wasn’t bothersome at all but I mean is the only downside for street driving annoyance or is there a risk of hurting something by putting miles on them ?

What does this tubular tranny mount look like ? Will that cause any issue street driving ? I wouldn’t mind stiffening up my whole motor and trans together

Is there any risk of damaging the block ? I’ve ran stiffer mounts on a v8 s10 and a wrx and the slight vibe increase wasn’t bothersome at all but I mean is the only downside for street driving annoyance or is there a risk of hurting something by putting miles on them ?

No risk, I have had people tow on them and never hurt anything. They work well for anything performance

What does this tubular tranny mount look like ? Will that cause any issue street driving ? I wouldn’t mind stiffening up my whole motor and trans together

Trans mount is just a custom tubular deal. Nothing special. I can make some up if there was enough interest.

Finally got around to dropping my engine in with these solid inserts. Hooked to a nv4500 using a custom tubular mount. Only thing I had to change was add a spacer to the trans mount. Trans sat about 1.5” higher in the back. Stock mounts must have been worse than I thought, but everything looks good thanks Austin!

Finally got around to dropping my engine in with these solid inserts. Hooked to a nv4500 using a custom tubular mount. Only thing I had to change was add a spacer to the trans mount. Trans sat about 1.5” higher in the back. Stock mounts must have been worse than I thought, but everything looks good thanks Austin!

Glad they worked out. Most people don’t realize how shot they stockers are.

Back