Shafts

ovrdrvboy

Does anyone know what would have to happen in order to take a 241 transfer case and shafts to work in an AAM 11.5 and 9.25?

or would it be cheaper to just go back to the 271 transfercase and buy shafts for that? In that case do all 271's bolt up to a nv4500?

driveshafts im guessing?

i think the 271 is just a hair longer than the 241dhd.

yes the 271 will bolt to the 5 speed

As long as its the dodge 271 it will bolt up and there's a difference between manual transfer case and electronic. I believe the Ford 271 is clocked different

Does anyone know what would have to happen in order to take a 241 transfer case and shafts to work in an AAM 11.5 and 9.25?

A 241 can use the same front shaft as a 271 but the slip yoke for the rear is different. I may have a 1480 slip yoke around here to fit a 241DHD but I'd have to look for it, let me know if you need it.

the output spline on a 241dhd and a 263/261 from a duramax truck are the same. I just put a 12v with a nv4500 and 241dhd in a 95 chevy and we used the stock slip yoke and driveshaft out of my 01 puller. the 1410 slip yoke from the dodge is even the same part # stamped on the yoke as the chevy. the front driveshaft wouldn't be that hard, we haven't made the driveshaft yet, but it appears the ujoints are the same size.

I put a 271 in my 96 Dodge. I got the 271 from transfercase.com and had them install a fixed yoke on the back of the 271. Then I measured the length from my carrier bearing to the fixed yoke on the 271. The driveline shop made my shaft for the measurement and fixed yoke. You may have to cut the opening on the inside of your frame, if your truck is a 5 speed. I cut the opening an inch or so on the front side and have clearance now.

Back