Shattered another D70

Old Blue

Cormier Familly Racing
An again another D70 in pieces @ the August Blackout Friday night @ the Pulls!! :bang But thanks to Kaos Kustomes from Stony Plain,Alberta Gave us one so we could Drag Race on Saturday!!! :clap: :woohoo:

Sucks to hear. Those D70s just wont hold up long if youre sled pullin. I would be looking for a D80 for sure.

Definatly looking for a D80 now and will make the swap this winter. At least this time there was no speed bumps(dirt humps) like there was in Vermillion.Got one more pull this year,hopefully it will hold!!

My guess would be the spiders a blowing apart on the 70s just like my 80s have. Its the weak link! Should swap to a AAM14.5 its seems to be stronger. Or build an 80 with some type of good locker unit.

I have a lockright in the rear, maybe that's holding it together? Globaltruck1 What kind of power do you put down with combo? how do you like the dragon fire pump?

Are all the Dana 70 breaking in the same spot? axles, diff blowing apart? whats happening? I have a Dana 70 under my truck and i have about 20-25 hooks on it and it seems fine. Is it something we can see coming or it just happens. Any pics of the carnage?

Few of my pulls truck is around 535 hp 1080 for tq
YouTube - silverram323 st.cloud pull 09

YouTube - kev hammond pull 2009 002

YouTube - silverram323 at pine city truck pull. 1st place 325 ft

Most d70's that fail around here twist the pinion off and a few power lock side gear failures also.

As brushpuller said the D70 has a weak pinion. I have seen some blow the the spider gears through the cover though!

I broke the 3 ring gears, like missing 9 teeth, and one pinion that half the teeth just broke off from the core of the pinion.

Lavon

First time it was the Pinion that did all the damage,the second time we exploded the spider gears & the rest was fine?? D80 will be going in for sure with a spool or a locker and hope it holds!!

I have a lockright in the rear, maybe that's holding it together? Globaltruck1 What kind of power do you put down with combo? how do you like the dragon fire pump?

I've destroyed a D80 back in the day when I only had 375hp and again this year with all my new stuff. The truck made 575hp and 1125 #2 with no tuning. Dragonfire is doin good, I've been happy with it. It has more than enough fuel for me and smooth as stock no lope.

Back