Shavings in Filter Media

ComnRailPwr

Rebuilt motor in the puller like always over winter. All went well and broke in. Changed break in oil and pulled 3 runs. 1st run ended crappy with blowing fuel out of the rail. Changed rail. Second run put 60' on the pack at a brush pull. 3rd run cousin ran the truck. That didn't go so well. Left the line at 5k engine went to 5300rpm rev limiter because he was in 3rd and not 5th (6sp). It was that way for the entire run bouncing off limiter. Went through the overhead and re set the valve train. Cut oil filter open and found this. I cut the break in oil filter open and it was clean. Nothing magnetic. I'm hoping this will go another couple pulls without throwing a rod. I'll have a 2 wk break to freshen it up then. The question is would you guys chance it or have you been in the similar situation? I understand the risks just looking for others opinions.

Attachments

• 1433537103070-1292861510.jpg
    1433537103070-1292861510.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
We'll see how courthouse goes tomorrow. If it goes then that's a good time for a 6.7 short block IMO.

well you can eliminate the crank bearings with an oil analysis. babbitt metal would show up in the oil, the other bushings will be bronze I believe.
Cam journals or rod ends? Are you running a zinc additive in the oil? I spun a lobe awhile back due to lack of ZDDP in oil.
Any way you look at it, yup thats bad.

Their was a truck pull Saturday night. I guess I should have specified Washington Courthouse, Ohio. I did not go to jail lol.

Last edited:
Back