Should I have my converter re stalled???

cummins0488

I am currently running a Suncoast and haven't changed anything but I'm about to build the motor up a little bit and run a larger charger. Should I have my converter sent back and redone while I'm down and have the converter out? Thanks. If this isn't the right place to post will someone move it. Thanks

what charger(s) are you going to run? where does it stall now? are you having problems lighting the chargers now?

I would hate having a truck that revved to 2200 before moving, but if you have to to no smoke, it's worth it.

Spools now pretty good but going up to s467-472 not really sure yet. Plus I'm going to be switching to udc also. Just have the motor out working on it and was gonna address this issue now while the converter is out. Does it need to go back to Suncoast or can someone closer take care of it. Thanks

Last edited:
Spools now pretty good but going up to s467-472 not really sure yet. Plus I'm going to be switching to udc also. Just have the motor out working on it and was gonna address this issue now while the converter is out. Does it need to go back to Suncoast or can someone closer take care of it. Thanks

To be honest you are not going to see a significant difference between those 2 chargers. Keep the 67 or go to a 75 and raise the stall.

I have a high stall converter and love it. It moves at around 1700 under light throttle and will flare up to 2200 if you hammer it. Spools my 467 very nicely.

Sent from my paperweight

By high stall what do you mean? 2500?

I'm not sure on the exact stall. I told Phil Taylor the engine setup and he handed me a converter lol. It's moving pretty quick at 2200rpm. I've seen it go a little higher tho. Call Diesel Performance Converters and Phil can get you exactly what you need. Awesome product and even better service!!!

Sent from my paperweight

Last edited:
Back