SICK of the 70 mph surge

I am not nearly as modded as you guys, and i have read quite a few articles about modding the FCA. and i got to thinking, and maybe it has been thought of, but what about instead of using a dremel like in the article that was linked, what about using a small file and just say that the oem triangle is at an angle of just say 45* , what about using a small file and just opening the triangle up to just say, 48*.. that way as the fca gets larger, there is no sudden just of fuel supply.. does anyone else get what im trying to say?

and also, would i benefit any from doing the fca and gear cover mod to my truck? or would i just be hurting my stock injectors more. I do not run any pressure box. just the PPE Xcelerator standard?

I am not nearly as modded as you guys, and i have read quite a few articles about modding the FCA. and i got to thinking, and maybe it has been thought of, but what about instead of using a dremel like in the article that was linked, what about using a small file and just say that the oem triangle is at an angle of just say 45* , what about using a small file and just opening the triangle up to just say, 48*.. that way as the fca gets larger, there is no sudden just of fuel supply.. does anyone else get what im trying to say?

and also, would i benefit any from doing the fca and gear cover mod to my truck? or would i just be hurting my stock injectors more. I do not run any pressure box. just the PPE Xcelerator standard?

That innocent looking plunger is soooo hard that will break before it will give in to most metal working tools, it will dull a file, if you cut it you will need to debur it, if you scratch it it's junk, if you clamp it in a vice to work on it you most likely ruined it, if you hold it in your fingers to cut it with a dremel it already slipped and you cut your fingers instead of the metal, if you succeed you have something to be proud of.

How many of you guys having the surge issues use the relentless dual cp3 controller (Evil Twins)? I know mine does, Unbrokens, halfton's, more? I spoke to someone that was having surge with the relentless controller bought a PPE and all his surge went away.

Sounds like an option, do you know how much a PPE one costs? If that would be the Fix i'll gladly do it! which pump do you run on top?

I guess this is a plus for duals, no surging here.

Interested to see if a stock fca fixes the problem.

I guess this is a plus for duals, no surging here.

Interested to see if a stock fca fixes the problem.

Well mine started about a week after i blew a injector on the dyno at TS. I have two stock pumps and i have tried the fca, ppe controller and rail sensor still surgin.

Mine didn't do it right after I installed the bag of parts, seems to have happened after I got some miles on it.

Back