Silver Bullet 64

tatersalad

howdy guys....alright what im wondering is for those of you running one of these chargers how the spool up is compared to others i guess. my mods are as follows below...

Goerends TD TC and HD VB
Stock fuel plate cut and FF
AFC gutted
CAI
II DragoFlow 5x.016 injectors

i have a set of DDP 042 DV's and a 4k GSK that will going in it shortly as well as the timing advanced to around 17.5* or so... now with that being said. ive always heard of people hving issues with lag on these chargers??? is this true? i figured with what pump work im about to do..... ( 2095 Rack Plug, GSK, DV's, TT OFV.... ) that ill have apmle amounts of fuel....help a brother out. mainly looking for some insight about them. ive been reading up on them but still have heard mixed reviews. any help is appreciated. thanks yall!!!:thankyou2:

Last edited:
The silver 64 has a particularly big turbine wheel compared to its compressor. I'd opt for twins with the stock turbo or at least a bigger compressor than a 64.

It would spool ok if you reinstalled your AFC and tune it correctly. You would be surprised how well proper presentation of fuel makes a difference.

ya im aware of the bigger wheel...which is mainly why i was concerned. and ya i just bought the truck like that, i do intend to reinstal the AFC...but idk by the sounds of this charger there not well liked on 12v's???

I love mine but it is a little laggy when trying to pass on the highway locked up, otherwise it spools great driving around town

I have a super b special it supposedly 64.5/71/14 I have laser cut dvs 100 plate ff 4000 gsk and it spools it at 2000 rpm pretty good on interstate at 70 spools almost instantly I've hit 55 psi

Back