Sled pulling hop

bannon

I've hooked my truck a few times and she sure likes to hop. It's not near as bad when I hang front weight, but I decided to just stick to 2.5 so I can't hang weight now. I've talked to the guy that runs the American pride 6.4 pulling truck and he says it's because of my add a leaf for my leveling kit in the front. You guys agree? If I took the add a leaf out and did a drop hanger instead would it help? Or is it the lift itself that's causing problems?

I would just take it back to stock and run 33s, but I just found a really good deal on some never used 35" super swamper sts's from a buddy that changed to duals on his puller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Its your front axle suspension setup is why it hops
A set of trac bars would fix it

It's not the add a leaf. And drop shackles would take more weight off the front, because it doesn't have as much drop. I have longer shackles.

What're you settin your hitch at?

26" don't do you a bit of good if you're pogo-sticking down the track.

Try 23".

The add a leaf will cause hop. If your front suspension is to stiff it causes hop.

I can't remember what the hitch is at. It's non adjustable. It's just a big a$$ clevis in some bar stock

You cant remember what the hitch is at?? Dropping the hitch is not the answer to your problem its only going to make you lose there are a couple threads on here about the ford hoping issue read up

I had the rears at like 75 psi

You cant remember what the hitch is at?? Dropping the hitch is not the answer to your problem its only going to make you lose there are a couple threads on here about the ford hoping issue read up

I had just borrowed the hitch off my friend who pulls

thats wayyyy to much air, bring the backs down to say 35-40lbs and the fronts to like 25-30lbs.. also bolt on traction bars can be made for your truck that will help immensly also..

Good luck. Apparently everything that made my truck pull out smooth are gonna make you lose.

And BTW, all the hop threads for ferds on here are for late models with coil overs so... Not gonna help much.

Last edited:
thats wayyyy to much air, bring the backs down to say 35-40lbs and the fronts to like 25-30lbs.. also bolt on traction bars can be made for your truck that will help immensly also..

I had the fronts at 25. And I have been looking into making some trac bars for the front

Back