Slooted Rotors and Pads. brake lines

JasonCzerak

Suggestions. :) Lets here them and why

I'm not going to bother with EBC this time around.

ART. They do not have a listing for 3rd gen trucks, but I have to assume it's gota be near the 2gen pricing at $400 for a front or rear kit. Cryo'ed, slotted.

Frozen Rotors - High Performance Brake Pads, Brake Rotors Quote from there is $920 for rotor's and pads front and back.

Also, anyone have suggestions on pre-fit braided brake lines? I suppose I could run to a local shot here and have some made up too.

Quick google here:

Dodge Ram Replacement Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

And called the local shop. about $100 on the lines, but that assumes I take em off. argh.

Last edited:
You suck at thread titles! :poke:

Slut, Sloot or Slot??? LOL

u r a slut :)

Had a nice talk with the folks at EGR. brake lines, DOT 5.1. rotors, pads $1295-ish.

They make upgradee aluminum 6 piston calipers that run a bigger pad. $1200 for the front just in pads in calipers. Anyone running these on trucks running well over 130 in the 1/4?

For pads, i like Wagner serve duty, about $70-80 lifetime replacement. you cant beat that.

I get mine at advance auto parts

I do plan to get some SS lines, just havent got around to it.

Those rotors listed above looks nice and lifetime warranty is tempting.

I'm not using "autozone" pads anymore.

I'm looking for something just on the edge of race brakes. Looks like $200/rotor is where you gota start.

I'm not using "autozone" pads anymore.

I'm looking for something just on the edge of race brakes. Looks like $200/rotor is where you gota start.

Advance, not autozone, two totally different places.

Ive heard from people who ve used Hawk and then the wagners and they are comparable.

EGR brakes is very nice stuff, they actually use SSBC's rotors and pads. SSBC uses Hawk pads and custom made rotors.

I'm personally excited about the brake lines :)

Now, there's typically 3 that get replaced. the front 2, and the single to the rear axle.. anyone ever get the 2 little ones to the rear rotor's replaced ever?

I use brakeman brakes on both of are 7.3's for towing. They mainly deal in racing brakes. We use there stuff on my friends pro and super latemodel cirlcle track cars. They know there stuff they can explain why chyroed and slotted rotors are not the best for street aplications. If you want just a drag brake pad material for holding that boost back they have it. If you tow all the time they have a pad that wont fade away like stock brakes do.

Powerslot rotors and wagner extreme pads here. Great combo. Had hawk pads at first and while they stopped better, they were noisy and very dusty.

I use brakeman brakes on both of are 7.3's for towing. They mainly deal in racing brakes. We use there stuff on my friends pro and super latemodel cirlcle track cars. They know there stuff they can explain why chyroed and slotted rotors are not the best for street aplications. If you want just a drag brake pad material for holding that boost back they have it. If you tow all the time they have a pad that wont fade away like stock brakes do.

I agree, unless you drive hard all the time...

Same thing for drag racing...those rotors don't work well cold...

Lots of people make mistakes for upgrading braking sometimes

I have a set of these: Brake Performance - Slotted and Drilled Brake Rotors

Dimpled and slotted. So far so good.

I would have went this route, but my 99 came with slotted rotors when I bought it but uncertain of brand. I upgraded the pads to Performance Friction with new OEM replacement calipers, and Dodge 3500 rear wheel cylinders all from O'Riley Auto Parts and my 99 2500 stops A WHOLE LOT BETTER now and I don't have $1,000+ wrapped up in brakes. I don't drag race, but I haul my puller in my avatar about every other weekend from May thru Sept. and I'm VERY pleased so far. Pads do not emit huge amounts of dust and it seems like once they get warmed up they grab even better!

Just my .02

Brakeman does offer a stock replacement rotor. Its a stock rotor that has gone through a heating process to where the rotors are actually warped and then machined backed down. The reason for this is when they get heated on a hard stop they will never warp again. You have to remember these are cast iron rotors. When you chyro the rotors it just hardens the out side and not the whole rotor,and yes i asked him why its good on engine parts they said its a whole diffrent deal. The reason you dont drill cast iron rotors for cooling is it messes up the air flow the is built in to the center of the rotor. I know you have seen the fins in the center. What about slotted rotors? Well they use to do it to clean the pads because of the old compound needed it,plus it weakens the rotor. Everybody slots mainly for looks and nobody wants to pay for a stock looking rotor.

If you want to buy rotors that are machined from scratch that is a whole diffrent animal. They can design there own cooling and wieght for rotating mass. I might as well get into calipars more pistons doesnt mean better clamping force. Remember what we have have learned with convertors and clutchs more is not better do to needing more clapping force due to the load being distributed. Brake pad material is the biggest deal. Thats why they make so many compounds for diffrent applications. I know we use brakemans #3 compound for are circle track application. I hope this helps i am not an expert by no means this is just what i have learned:Cheer:

Back