Slow to fire unless pedal is touched??

RamSRT10

Sorry wrong section!

Ok guys 96 12V 5 Spd When cranking to start it is slow to fire BUT if i barely touch the throttle it will fire off almost immediately. Is this something simply upping the idle adjustment might help or what do you think?

Last edited:
Sorry wrong section!

Ok guys 96 12V 5 Spd When cranking to start it is slow to fire BUT if i barely touch the throttle it will fire off almost immediately. Is this something simply upping the idle adjustment might help or what do you think?

I thought this is how everyone started a 12v??? Just lay you foot on the pedal, dont press it. Itll go down slightly

Yes, raising idle RPM will fix that up. I like mine to idle around 750 RPM so I just live with it and use my foot to start it.

That's how the p pump is. When u hit the pedal you reset the rack in the pump. Totally normal from what I have been told

Sometimes a little extra pretty boost fuel will help it start also. If the idle is already 850-950 rpm.

That's how mine have always started. In my old 97 it had starting instructions on the driver side sun visor that said to give it a little throttle when starting. I just picked up a 95 12v truck today, I'll have to see if it has instructions on the visor as well.

Back