Small precision tool kit

zstroken

For $$$ your name here
Looking for a small precision tool kit(for watches, phones, etc) need small torx etc. Suggestions?

I don't want a piece of crap, however don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Just for occasional use.

I don't have any experience with the small small tools, but I would think the Kobalt from lowes would be a good inexpensive option.

Thanks, I am wondering about just picking up one from harbor freight. Are the Kobalts made in US?

I did notice the other day that the craftsman no longer say made in USA and are mad in China. :(

I wouldn't waste money at hf or northern on something like that. Kobalt seems to be on par with craftsman.

Kobalt does make a nice little kit, none of their stuff is made in the USA I believe.

Are you looking for just the bits, or in the form of a screwdriver? I know snap on has both. I have the super small bits. Surprisingly they weren't horribly over priced. I got them for rc car stuff. Work well and when I bend/break one I get it replaced on Fridays when the truck stops by work.

Are you looking for just the bits, or in the form of a screwdriver? I know snap on has both. I have the super small bits. Surprisingly they weren't horribly over priced. I got them for rc car stuff. Work well and when I bend/break one I get it replaced on Fridays when the truck stops by work.

I could get by with just the bits, however if it came if the kit was reasonably priced I would go that route as well. This is something I would use probably 2 or 3 times a year. So not really worth putting much coin it it.

I got mine from Sears. No idea if it was made in china, but it's survived my abuse. I even used the smallest torx bit as a pry bar and it didn't snap off.

I ended up with a Kobalt set, haven't used it yet, however with a lifetime warranty, if it breaks I am happy.

Got a small kit from the Mac guy, was in the ad for $199. Came with a ton of different bits, hell the smallest torx is so small I can't tell its a torx without sticking it in my face.

Got a small kit from the Mac guy, was in the ad for $199. Came with a ton of different bits, hell the smallest torx is so small I can't tell its a torx without sticking it in my face.

I paid $6 for this one. LOL

And I bet it looks like it too

Perhaps, however if I can take a picture of it, and $193 stacked beside it. :)

Did I mention it has a life time warranty?

Last edited:
And so does ATS.

It does help that Ariel pays for half my tools.

Whatever makes you happy!

Last edited:
And so does ATS.

It does help that Ariel pays for half my tools.

Whatever makes you happy!

Yea if it was something I used every day, I would spend some coin. This is something I will probably use a few times a year, if it breaks I walk into Lowe's hand them my old one and get a new one. Even if they deny it, I hand them $6.

Back