Smarty Throttle Surging/Sticking

feelmecummin said:
yeah what were your problems? marco wouldnt make you a custom tune? wouldnt we all like one...i have an actual problem. bob i emailed marco on thursday but never got a reply...got any answers for me?

Marco is away on holiday until tomorrow. sorry

so, the 'free rev' thing will stop if ya toss it in Neutral? .....what if it does it in Neutral or park?

Burner said:
so, the 'free rev' thing will stop if ya toss it in Neutral? .....what if it does it in Neutral or park?

My guess is it'll sit there in one place and go.." VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" :doh:

:hehe:

no it happens while moving, ie be at 80% throttle and let off, the truck keeps going and surging wildly...the "cure" is to throw it into neutral and it will stop the madness.
before i got the tst it would only do it when the converter wasnt locked...now it happens either way...i call it my crazy autopilot

Last edited:
I've had/have the same problem. It is scary while driving. I was wondering if it did it in N and P, it does. Normaly you can stomp and release the skinny in P or N and it will climb to 2,500 or so. If I add the Smarty it doesn't just rev up, it sticks. It will climb to 3,200+ RPM and just sit there for 1/2 second and then slowly come back down. I have not asked why, I thought it was just part of a Smarty. :confused: .............:banghead:

so it will only do it with the Smarty installed, without it works normal correct?

Years ago I had a similiar issues with one of the BETA ECM's, and it was the ECM itself that was bad :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news for you though, Bob and Marco will take care of ya I'm sure. I know it can be frustrating in the meantime though :(

hopefully marco gets back today so i can get this figured out, maybe ill get a sweet mads elecronics t shirt or something :rockwoot:

I had this problem in mine. The damn TQ Converter wouldn't unlock, so I kept trying different programs until it stopped.:woohoo:

I just kept downloading new programs into the Smarty off the website til I found one that worked and quit locking up the converter.

bob any help here? i still havent heard anything and still have the problem....

Back