Snow MPG Max Nozzle Size?

rick stark

Diesel Dummy
I reticently bought the Snow Stage 3 MPG MAX for the build Ive been undertaking this winter and was wondering about the nozzle size that the instructions say to do. They say to put the 175 ml/s nozzles for the "MPG" mode, which is fine, and the 375 ml/s and 625 ml/s (combined 1175 ml/s) for the "power" mode. My question is, is that too much and i should switch some nozzles around or is that all ok? It just seems like 1175 ml/s is going to be a lot for a 750+/- truck or it could just be my inexperience...so please forgive me.

If and when everything checks out and all fine then how much timing will i be able to run? I have heard and read horror stories about high timing and water/meth and i dont want to be any part of those stories.

Nick

I dont know much about the water meth, but i got a stage 3 snow kit and i put a 220 psi pump on with it and i think i got 625ml's and 375ml's in mine.( I think what the kit comes with) And i had a big set of injectors in my old set up with a ppump set to 600cc's and had the plate out of the pump then. And it wouldnt burn the windshield washer fluid i was running. It would just stall the engine and miss and sometime would detonate. One time it detonated and blow the wastagete out of the turbo and out the exhaust!
It would burn the straight water but wouldnt burn meth with it. I Later worked on the pump and turned the fuel down a lot and it would burn it good then. I only got to try it about 10 times and it blow the head gasket. But it ran great it was pegging a 60psi boost gage out with a 66-71-16.
I took the head off and it had some cracks around the injector holes and in some of the exhaust sits. One was really bad on the exhaust sit and the head didnt have press in sits so i just bought a different one that didnt have any cracks.
It may burn it with the three nozzles but with my exprenance it has to be hot to burn the meth. And i dont know if it was leening the fuel out that cracked the head or spraying it! Probley the fuel.
Hope that helps

Come to think of it i think there was 3 nozzles in the kit. I may have used the two biggest ones. Ill have to look and see what i used. Seem like there was a 5?? ml's nozzle in the kit. I cant remember. lol I look and let u know but if i used the two largest ones u probley be alright! I need to clean them anyways.

So what you are saying is I should start at a low injection percent and work my way up from that at my own risk?

You won't see any savings or MPG change. The reduction in diesel consumption is more than offset by methanol consumption.
Even at $3.20/gallon for a 55 gallon drum of the cheap non-fuel grade methanol, the return will be in the $1/tank or less range.

FYI, there is no such thing as a "steam engine effect" and the methanol doesn't alter how the diesel burns.

Last edited:
Back