Someone plz help me with my dsp5 tune switch

RayRoss42

MAXWELL
i have one tune right now which is all out street/strip tune which is right there on the edge of being too hot for daily driving.. I have the switch here in my hand right now.. I just dont know how to install it.. Ive heard that you have to tap into certain pins on the ecm?? can someone please help so i can actullly enjoy driving my truck past 70mph lol

All the switches that I know of come with directions. The switch alone will not change a thing about the way your truck runs.

Best thing I've found to use is a bobby pin or something a little bigger. Paperclip's always seem to push through the crimped on end.

ok thanx for the info.. and i understand ill have to go in and make a tune for each position of which the switch will be in..

Take a small drill bit that will fit into the hole on the ECM connector that you are going to put the ECM pin in and clean it out. Just use your fingers to turn the bit.....dont use a drill.

Take a small drill bit that will fit into the hole on the ECM connector that you are going to put the ECM pin in and clean it out. Just use your fingers to turn the bit.....dont use a drill.

This ^ will ruin the rubber seal that seals around the wire and allow moisture to enter the plug and cause corrosion. :badidea: Where in the he!! does bad info like this originate from???

This ^ will ruin the rubber seal that seals around the wire and allow moisture to enter the plug and cause corrosion. :badidea: Where in the he!! does bad info like this originate from???

If the drill bit is smaller than the ecm pin it will still seal...................

Back