Something either rack or governor springs hangin up internally on P7100!!!

oldsmokey97

Lately something has been hanging up internally inside my pump.

Today i was messing around and layed on it pretty good and the rpms stayed at 3500 after i let off of the peddle. So, i shut the truck off real quick and popped the hood thinking it might be a return spring or the throttle cable hooking up somewhere. The return springs were on and the throttle cable had slack in it and was where it should be at idle. So, IT IS SOMETHING INTERNALLY!!!!

I have also noticed lately that every once in a while when the throttle is at idle and i go to push it to accelerate, the peddle acts like it does not want to be pushed. After i push it really hard, it finally breaks loose and goes.

Something isnt right internally. Power is still there but something ( rack or governor springs) isnt right!!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS????

Lance

ok i understand that but........ why would i be hard to push down sometimes??

i guess i will just have to pop that baby open and take a glance

BY THE WAY FOR ALL OF YALL TO KNOW......... MY PUMP IS A 180 (CA.) PUMP SO IT IS NOT A 215!!!!!!!!!!

Lance

and the other weird thing is.......... it has just started doing this in the last couple days.

I havent even touched the pump in a good 7-9 months and all of a sudden this crap is happening.

Lance

ok..... now i get the whole drift of what you are saying...

should i maybe check for full lift of my shut-off solenoid before anything else?

Lance

one more thing.........

one day last week i was going along and pulled into a gas station and the truck died when i pushed in the clutch. It would only run if i had the peddle pushed down. ONce i let off the peddle, the truck would die.

I dealt with it for a while and pulled back out of the station and took off down the road and then it was fine.

Lance

well....... it happened again today. I layed on it and let off and it was hung at about 3500!! Turned it off, popped the hood and started yanking on the "hard" throttle linkage. Not the cable but the linkage closer to the back of the pump. I finally broke it loose and it was fine.

It also did the whole "not idling" thing again today. Pulled into my driveway and it died. Would not idle unless i was holding the peddle down. So, i gave it a good rev and it was fine.

Lance

well...... i went all day today with NO PROBLEMS!!

I guess sometimes this weekend i am going to check the governor lever (and any interference) and pop the plug out and take a gander at the governor springs.

I checked the shut-off solenoid and it seems to be pulling ALL THE WAY up.

Anything else.......??

Lance

Back