Sparkplugs

9724VF350

Tractor Guy
image_zpsc1n18vcn.jpeg

I don't really know anything about this other than it showed up in my FB newsfeed. I think it was going in a antique tractor.

Dang, I was just thinking about something of this nature yesterday. But some type of fuel injection and boost. Just thinking of something different. Be cool to see how that thing does.

I was more curious as to how a Gas engine would act with a big stroke, compared to a more normal gas configuration.

My guess would be if it's a n/a tractor class he could be on to something both torque and hp wise over a diesel n/a

Last edited:
Looks cool......But Why????

Lots of antique rules prohibit forced induction, but allow dual dominators and such.

Parts availability for this, both general and off the shelf go-fast, vs 60 year old engines is a plus

Does the front of that head have a Texas shaped boss on it?

And possibly the full no limit motorsports valvetrain/roller rocker kit. That's the valvecover that comes with the kit, check the bed plate as well.

And possibly the full no limit motorsports valvetrain/roller rocker kit. That's the valvecover that comes with the kit, check the bed plate as well.

Definitely, that's a no limit manufacturing rocker setup.

Light hot farm 460 farmall. Keeping mods and estimated HP kind of hush hush from what I can read.

Light hot farm 460 farmall. Keeping mods and estimated HP kind of hush hush from what I can read.

If I had to guess, I'd say 500-550 CID, 5000ish rpm, and 600-650ish hp. Though that's just speculation based of what I would be after.

If I had to guess, I'd say 500-550 CID, 5000ish rpm, and 600-650ish hp. Though that's just speculation based of what I would be after.

I am going to agree with the numbers. Someone posted they guessed 250hp and I just laughed. That kind of investment and design, I'd hope for more than 250.

I always wanted to play with a NG 5.9. People have made good power on propane with other motors and its not like you see a propane Cummins race truck every dayLOL

I tried to talk mad Mike into trying it on his drag truck but no dice.

I always wanted to play with a NG 5.9. People have made good power on propane with other motors and its not like you see a propane Cummins race truck every dayLOL

I tried to talk mad Mike into trying it on his drag truck but no dice.

That's because I can't even afford to get it running as a diesel LOL I can't imagine how many years to convert to spark.

though I have played with the idea of using a small 2x:1 vw diesel on e85.

They said peak RPM is 7500 and peak HP just below that...

I'm guessing peak is at 6500-7000 rpm. What's a ported Hammy head flow? I bet we have some mathematicians here who could figure it out.

They said peak RPM is 7500 and peak HP just below that...

I'm guessing peak is at 6500-7000 rpm. What's a ported Hammy head flow? I bet we have some mathematicians here who could figure it out.

Depends on bore size.

I would suspect that it's smaller cubes than what I first guessed then.

We did the cam and rockers for this. It is really an awesome setup for the class it is in. It is just stock bore and stroke. Right now it is making good power, but there is room to improve. I can't put the numbers out their as they are going to once they are done with it. It has a huge flat torque curve so we know we can go even bigger on the camshaft. So like I said room for improvement.

Back