Spooling a pair of GTX4294R's vrs. GT55R ?

RonA

Jose.
Just wondering if you could tell me how much harder it would be to spool a pair of 4294's primaries versus the GT55 primary I'm running now. I wouldn't mind a bit more air but am not familiar with turbos bigger than the 55 so I've been thinking about replacing it with a pair of your 4294's. Any way to attach a percentage number on how much harder it would be to spool them? 10% harder, 20% ?

Thanks.
Ron Allen

Last edited:
I'm not Jose, but from my LIMITED experience, I would say there would be little to no difference in spool from the GT5533R 94mm with the big 1.40 turbine housing, to a pair of gtx4294's with the 1.01 housings.

Now I don't know what turbine housing you currently run, nor which housings you were planing on running on the gtx's so that all adds something to it.

In my limited experience, two smaller turbo's of about the same capacity, always have lit sooner, and spooled quicker then one large one.

Thanks for the info...I'll continue on with my triple plans:D

Go for it Ron, that's what I've been planning for a while on my 1/2 ton....but it's been in and out of chassis and welding shops for 2 years waiting on someone who will actually weld on it for me!

Chris

I'm not Jose, but from my LIMITED experience, I would say there would be little to no difference in spool from the GT5533R 94mm with the big 1.40 turbine housing, to a pair of gtx4294's with the 1.01 housings.

Now I don't know what turbine housing you currently run, nor which housings you were planing on running on the gtx's so that all adds something to it.

In my limited experience, two smaller turbo's of about the same capacity, always have lit sooner, and spooled quicker then one large one.

Thank you for the information.

I have the 1.0 a/r housing and was planning on keeping the 4094 secondary.

To make the setup close in spool up you will need the 1.01A/R's for sure, maybe even some .98A/R's....it should spool within about 100rpms of your current setup BUT move a ridiculous amount of air. :rockwoot:

Back